At Bilcare Research, Corporate Social Responsibility and concern for Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) is engrained in the corporate DNA.
- Maintaining the power factor to unity.
- Power-generating facilities based on fuel source, being replaced with express-feeders from power grids, resulting in improved efficiency and lower cost of operations, besides meeting emission control norms.
- Electronic load balancing system to restrict maximum demand of power supply.
- Integrated Building Management System to ensure optimum utilization of energy with online reporting and measurement metrics.
- Optimized operational practices and uni-directional material flow concept (Shortest Path First) for reduced energy consumption per unit of production.
- Compliance to International Indoor Air Quality and Emission Standards using localized exhaust systems and state-of-the-art zero-recirculation based air handling systems for operations involving solvent vapours.
- State-of-the-art trade-effluent treatment facility.
- Green-belt development initiatives within the facility (over 25000 square meters completed) and in neighbouring areas with over 500 tree plantations.
- Sewage Treatment & Composting Plant generating high quality bio-manure and 90% reutilization of waste-water for gardening.
- Energy efficient and environment friendly LPG farm for firing thermopac boilers.
- Dedicated storage (compliant with International safety standards) for flammable inks and solvents.
- State-of-the-art automated fire hydrant system.
Health & Safety Initiatives
- Automated material handling and management devices, battery operated state-of-the-art stackers and forklifts ensure effortless operations and ergonomic compliance.
- Air handling systems with 100% exhaust ensure employees' health and safety while handling solvent based manufacturing operations.
- Mandatory use of safety shoes and safety gear on the operation floor ensures the safety of employees.
- All contractors and third-parties undergo mandatory safety training before project initiation.
- Emergency preparedness and response through regular mock drills. Specialized training for Rescue Teams, Fire Fighting Teams and Evacuation Teams by an exclusively appointed, qualified SHE Manager.
- Regular Training Programs on ergonomics, safe handling of materials and work permits.
- Mandatory Training and Awareness programs on safety before initiation of any expansion project with strict monitoring and control during project execution.
- Incident and accident reporting by the SHE Manager to Senior Management on a monthly basis ensuring the implementation of all necessary corrective actions.