Bilcare believes in “Excelling through continuous research”. Our R&D initiative is about the pursuit of new knowledge, about innovative research solutions in both packaging materials and its application to pharmaceutical formulations which continues to be our key growth factor. The research initiatives are the core and essential part of the integrated healthcare system. We are is constantly on the strive to provide end-to-end solutions more innovatively, effectively and efficiently to the global pharmaceutical sector resulting in an ideal environment for creating unique products & services, brand growth and brand management technologies.
The continual effort to discover new knowledge that redefines excellence in healthcare industry has led to a series of core as well as specific research development programs and some of these highlighted below exemplify the sustained progress accomplished till date:-
- Introduction of packaging solutions for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs')
- Development of various innovative test methods for assuring quality of packaging materials
- Development of innovative packaging materials for example, Bilcare Protect® & Bilcare Secure® in different colors, Nova® –SL, Nova® – MP, embedded image aluminum, special effect PVC substrates.
- Creating multi colour options in metalized films.
- Bilcare Crispak® registered for senior citizen friendly package design and approved by UK testing agencies for child resistant compliance.
- Primer system for printing on Aluminium substrate using UV curable inks.
- Identification, design and evaluation of optimum packaging for various pharmaceutical formulations.
The Bilcare Optima® service introduced for pharmaceutical formulation sensitivity profiling along with the advanced CAD and FEA based simulation processing for designing of primary packaging for dosage forms has gained tremendous customer interest across the globe. Our efforts have resulted in creation of all the innovative films & foils developed in house and have received US, European and Canadian DMF registrations. It reflects the diversity, depth and quality of our research and serves as measures of our success. It also helps us chart our future direction by using new knowledge to address new challenges.